My 1st day at Capegemini Pune


I have just finished my degree, B.tech in Computer Science Engineering in India. Got my date of joining from Capegemini on 3rd october.

On 1st day, I went to bed that night more excited than nervous. After meeting just a select few people I had a feeling that the next two weeks were going to be filled with memories that would last a lifetime. The following morning there were 45 of us sitting at breakfast, eating while discussing what was going to be upon us in a matter of minutes. Rumor had it that we were going to be split amongst two separate rooms. We talked about company policies, the usual first day orientation stuff. The day was long, but was essentially trying to get a feel for how we were going to interact within a group. The days continued to progress and strangers grew into friends. I had never been surrounded by so many people in one amphitheater that held the same values, goals, and personality traits. Everyone I met during training had their own unique identity while complementing one another. I learned about so many international cultures. When training came to an end, I was sad to leave everyone. It felt like I had gone to college with everyone and we were all graduating and going our separate ways, but then I realized we would all be able to see each other grow within the company and within themselves. Capgemini has introduced me colleagues that I am able to call friends, and even family. We are all working towards a goal to deliver innovative solutions to our clients while also bettering ourselves as individuals. Out of all my friends outside of Capgemini I feel like I am being setup for success years down the road. Capgemini is not just a job, it is a company where you can build a career. I am able to travel, meet hundreds of diverse individuals, learn about ways to improve client’s technology, and meet friends that will last a lifetime. Consulting for Capgemini isn’t just a job, it’s a place that gives you the opportunity to create your personal brand.

The first few days are pretty much the same for most employees. We went through a 3 day session where we got our badge, computer, went through HR training and attended a number of presentations by managers, senior managers, and senior executives.  The presentations talk about the company's core values, policies, HR processes, and other information that we need to get going.  We learnt the basics of how to use our staffing and travel tools, apply for our corporate credit card, and if you are smart apply for your desired frequent traveler programs.  The people presenting are friendly and willing to answer your questions but don't be suprised if you never see them again.  Unless you make an effort to connect back with them, see them at a social function or happen to land on the same project as them, chances are your paths will not cross.

Related image


Once the onboarding process was completed we were turned loose to our operating group.  Here we had a career councilor assigned who is our personal advocate and guide through out our career at Capegemini.

2 comments:

  1. Good to read such an informative post. I find it interesting and is pretty fascinating, By reading your post I got very useful information. Thanks for sharing this post. Keep posting more content like this, it is a very nice blog. I recommend you to visit https://www.dumpscafe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda Durbesson is a supermodel, YouTuber, bodybuilder, Instagram celebrity, and fitness trainer and famous for her excellent physique. linda durbesson instagram

    ReplyDelete